What to do in case of an accident :
- Stop! Do not leave the scene. If your car is creating a safety hazard, or you’re concerned with your personal safety, move to a safer place.
- Check for injuries. Life & health are more important than damage to any vehicles.
- Note specific damage to all vehicles.
- Call the police immediately and follow their instructions.
- Write down accident information including names, addresses, & license numbers of persons involved and the description(s) of the other vehicle(s).
- Write down witness information. This will assist in verifying how the accident actually happened.
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information with the other party (ies) to the accident.
- Do not sign any document unless it is requested by the police or your insurance company.
- Never admit fault to anyone at the scene.
- Contact your Insurance Company or insurance agent immediately after the accident.
DeFouw Collision Team
320 Sagamore Pky S.
Lafayette, IN 47905